Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

The audio on my visio TV is not working. This happened twuce

Customer Question

the audio on my visio TV is not working. This happened twuce before and then all of a sudden it came back. It has not come on since last night.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. By far the most common cause of this problem, is a glitch in the cable box processing.Please follow the steps below:1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box from power. 2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).3) Plug the cable box back into power, and once it's rebooted, turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.This should restore the sound. However if it does not, then please try another source- such as a DVD player on the TV and see if that has sound. This tells us whether or not the TV, or the cable/SAT box itself is causing the problem.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks Aric, this is a response that I received free from a friend and I have waited on line for far to long. I do not wish to pay any amount and I do not wish to be a member of justanswer.com. I apologize.However, I will call the credit card company and cancel the 5.00 payment. Had I known that I would have to jump through hoops and pay before an answer and sign up for membership, I would not have continued. Thank you for your effort. I just do not appreciate on line businesses that proceed in this manner. Sunni
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
I'm not privy in any way to billing, accounts, etc.- I'm an independent tech, not a site employee. You would need to direct those questions to customer service via the home page. I'm simply an AV technician. You can direct billing questions here: http://*****@******.*** I will Opt Out- and am no longer involved in the dialog here.