Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a fairly old Panasonic Omnivision TV. I currently

Customer Question

Hi I have a fairly old Panasonic Omnivision TV. I currently have a wide ,vertical line (15-18 inches). There are about two inches of tv screen on each side. If you increase or decrease the volume or change the channel, the whole picture comes back for about 3-4 seconds... Any advice?
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.
Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website which saves you time and money vs much higher repair shop fees. To get started, I need to know you are able to reply to me here...1. What is the actual model number of the Tv? see sticker on back of tv2. If you cannot get the model number, is this a projection tv, or tube tv, or lcd/flat tv, or?___________________________________________________________________** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear ** ** Do NOT start a new question **
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
PV-DM2799
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.
Please try this:-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.-press and hold the power button on the tv for 20 seconds and release.-plug in the tv power cord, turn on the tv, and check for normal operation.If that does not help then unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The tv needs repair which will end up costing more than a new 27" tv. I'm sorry if the reset did not work. Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above. Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Then if you still need help you can reply back and I will be happy to assist you further.ThanksMike
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Didn't work ..Thanks anyway
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.
Please show your appreciation by submitting at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page.