Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Model E231Bi How do I change channel and volume with no

Customer Question

model E231Bi How do I change channel and volume with no remote? There is only one button for on-off
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, First- sorry you're having problems.

Secondly, Vizio states the only two functions that button can control are TV power on/off, and also Input switching. There is no way to access channel changing or volume using that button, and the original remote control will be needed. I'm sorry and realize that s not the answer you'd hoped for, but that is the only way you will be able to change volume and channels.

The OEM (original equipment) remote for your set can be purchased at the link below if you'd like:

http://www.ftvparts.com/products/vizio-xrt020-remote-control.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjw94-6BRDkk568hcyg3-YBEiQAnmuwkl8ruTRauLXpy07igklThptu0bIOjLF5ogt_ywQN23kaAtKf8P8HAQ

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.