Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Why do I get Vizio 32 in the upper left corner in big print

Customer Question

Why do I get Vizio 32 in the upper left corner in big print and a lot of gobbly gook across the bottom of the picture. It comes and goes all of time. I just bought this 32 inch vizio from Sam's Club last Friday (May 20th)
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Does this happen on all sources/inputs?Is it saying things like 1080p, Via, HDMI, etc?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't know what this means? We have a digital cable bow that belongs to our local cable company. Orbitel
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.
I am asking what you have connected to the tv. I understand cable, what else?Does it happen on dvd too? Games/apps? I need to know specifically what words/letters you are seeing on the tv screen.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No other connections exist. Just the digital cable box. I tried to get. I looked at the TV, it finely had the crap, pictures, simbals, etc.Full HD ??.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can not display the "User Manual" on the screen like it says. Press the 'MENU' button on the Remote Control, to display the TV Settings menu. There is no User Manual line?
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.
Okay what you are seeing are indications of features of the tv.It is in the store demo mode. Press the MENU button on the vizio remote,go down to SYSTEMthen to RESETIf prompted for a pin, use 0000 Run the factory reset (restore defaults), which will clear all settings.Turn the tv off, then back on when it is done, and it will go into the initial setup screen.At that point you are given the choice of the usage mode, and you have to pick HOME use (not store), then it will go through the rest of the setup again, and you can switch to the proper input to then use your cable box. Best regards,Nathan
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Do you need more help with this?