Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I bought an LG 32lx4dcs tv from a hotel going out of

Customer Question

I bought an LG 32lx4dcs tv from a hotel going out of business. had to buy factory remote for it. it still doe not work in any fashion it has this lst4100 box on the back. I have looked af fixya and nearly every site and all give simulare advice and none of which works
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I've tried everything short of throwint the tv I bought away
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, Please elaborate upon- "does not work in an fashion"- Does the TV not turn on, are there no signs of life at all (no power light, etc.)? Please reply back with AS MUCH DETAIL as possible.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
tv powers up. no volume control. no imput control. no channel control. box on back has flassing light. I found a way to change imput by holding tv menu button down until menu pops up and the pushing imput button, but that's all I can do with tv
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Oh okay. I've got no ideas on that. I will opt out and perhaps someone else can assist.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I tried holding down menu botton on tv and remote that brought up another menu that had me lost simplt looking at it
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I seen answers on fixya.com and other site about accessing installer menu. tried them all but cant even enter the 2663 from the remote to start the process
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Your tv is most likely locked because it was designed to be used with an integrated system such as LodgeNet, which used a separate box in the room and translated the commands via serial or IP. The tv is no longer going to respond to direct IR commands, and even the factory remote is not going to make a difference at this point until the tv is reprogrammed.

The ONLY way you would be able to proceed with the tv is to get the special engineers remote, which you'd use to access the service menus: http://amzn.to/1WMVBzh

Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?