Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

The power button is flashing on and off there's no picture

Customer Question

The power button is flashing on and off there's no picture or sound
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I try to hold the volume and input together to reset it comes on for a second with blue box in the corner
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: It shows and say nothing
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Hello, First- sorry you're having problems. Secondly, the power button flashing is an error code indicating a hardware failure in the TV. That said, please check the blinking pattern (for example: 2 long blinks, followed by 1 short blink etc.) and let me know what you get.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Just blinking
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for the reply. We often see these sets develop faults after a few years, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Power Supply Board being the most common). However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up. The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Nothing yet
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Nothing yet? Meaning what exactly.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Are you still having the same problem?