Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Can you bluetooth an Ion Solar Stone speaker with a Samsung

Customer Question

Can you bluetooth an Ion Solar Stone speaker with a Samsung UN55JU6700F TV?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. You would need to set Add New Device option to On so TV can get bluetooth speaker system signals for pairing. Please go to ..

MENU/123 > MENU > Sound > Additional Settings > TV Sound Connect > Add New Device, set it ON.

Now go to MENU/123 > MENU > Sound > Additional Settings > Bluetooth Audio and check if your speaker system appears in list? If so, select it to get it paired with TV. Please make sure the Bluetooth speaker system is On and enable bluetooth search mode so it can get TV bluetooth signals as well.

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I can not get to Add new Device in the manner specified. I have to go MENU/123 > MENU > Sound > Speaker Settings > TV Sound Connect > Add New Device, set it ON. Add New Device is ON. Going to MENU/123 > MENU > Sound > Additional Settings still does not list Bluetooth Audio. What now?
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

OK, are you sure the external speaker bluetooth mode is On and in pair mode so both devices can communicate?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The speaker is on and bluetooth is on. Going to MENU/123 > MENU > Sound > Additional Settings still does not list Bluetooth Audio. Under MENU/123 > MENU > Sound > Speaker Settings > TV Sound Connect > Add New Device the only divice listed is Samsung sound bar which is connected. No other divices are listed. I believe that only Samsung produces are supported. Could this be the case?
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

MENU/123 > MENU > Sound > Additional Settings > Bluetooth Audio > Multi-Output Audio will help to see if TV recognize other speaker system bluetooth signals. Apparently TV recognize only Samsung bluetooth audio devices, however, if you turn Off the Samsung soundbar that might help here because it is possible the TV works with one audio device at a time through bluetooth.

We have an alternate way if TV still doesn't work with external sound system and I need to know is there any thing connected into Digital Optical Audio Out port at rear of TV?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I still have a problem with getting to Bluetooth Audio. when I go to Additional Settings the only things listed is HDMI Audio Format, Audio Format, Audio Deay, Dolby Digital Comp, HD Audio, and Audio Volume. I tried turning the sound bar off and that didn't work. The sound bad is connected to the Digital Optical Audio Out port. I bought all the stuff from Best Buy so I think I'll go talk to them. Thanks.
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

If the soundbar is connected to digital optical audio out port then it is not using bluetooth connection with TV and it seems TV only works with Samsung bluetooth audio devices.

There is an alternate way, connect following bluetooth transmitter device into digital optical audio out port of TV to connect external speaker system through bluetooth and also can connect soundbar into digital optical out port on device to keep getting sound..

http://www.amazon.com/Nolan-Bluetooth-Wireless-Transmitter-Receiver/dp/B00IYUI0W8

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

Hi, do you need any further assistance with this question?

Thanks.