Master Fix It
Master Fix It, Technician
Experience:  25 + Years experience repairing TVs, VCRs Computer etc.
11519491

We have an Hitachi PW2 (42PD7800TA) - old by today's

Customer Question

We have an Hitachi PW2 (42PD7800TA) - old by today's standards but picture quality very good. Can it support an "iQ3" Foxtel Set Top Box (Foxtel is received via satalite, we live in Sydney, Australia) ? Not sure the TV has the "intelligence"? Tried to connect today but failed and have now lost satalite connection (cannot reconnect previous digital STB as Deregistered by Foxtel when trying to connect the new one - cannot reverse). Your advice would very much appreciated ( we did not try doing this ourselves but had a third party to assist, did not work out!). Do have a Foxtel technician coming on 26 May but if not compatible, no point in the technician coming. Will have to solve another way. Look forward to hearing from you. Thank you, regards, ***** ***** (+612 9314 3903)
Category: TV
Expert:  Master Fix It replied 6 months ago.
Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.That Older TV unfortunately can not support the new sat box you have.So you will need a newer Model hooked up to that box.As for the sat box, you will need the Foxtel Set Top Box reset by the sat provider , they can walk you through this when you call them. If they cant get it working its very likley that box will need to be exchanged in order to get this up and operational.I wish I had better news for you I really do.But yes your sat service provider can help with this one way o the other ;-)In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank youSincerelyTech Michael