Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have just attached a Klipsch Soundbar to our Panasonic

Customer Question

I have just attached a Klipsch Soundbar to our Panasonic Viera TV
We turned off the speakers via TV and initially all worked well. But now we are getting no sound at all plus we are unable to make changes via Menu - Sound area only? We have turned everything off at main power supply but still no sound? Using Test Sound and Picture all works well? Can you help?
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, I look forward to assisting you today. How do you have the sound bar connected to the TV?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Dan
Yes via optical cable
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.
Okay. First check the cable by disconnecting it from the soundbar and see if you can see any light coming through. Don't look directly into the end connector, then let me know.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
there is light coming through cableAs i indicated in my initial question When you run the "test" sound and picture feature all works well
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.
If you still have the TV sound turned off, turn it back on and just mute the TV speakers then check the volume on the soundbar. Also, make sure you have the input on the soundbar set for optical input.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
We are unable to turn sound via TV back on as via Menu options as all Sound options are not open for changing! All Sound options appear to be turned off But all other areas in menu section work fine
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.
Unplug the optical cable from the TV then try it again please.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Dan
I am presently at my business office so will try removing optical cable this evening and report outcome then
Talk soon
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.
Okay, let me know when you can.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Dan
I have unpluged optical cable and still no sound coming through TV
Cable then pluged back in and still no sound
Under the Menu - Sound - all options to change things has gone! How do we reingage options?
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.
Under the Audio menu,there should be an Advanced Audio menu. Go to that and make sure the TV Speakers are turned on. I have a Viera as well and that is the way my menu is laid out. Your's maybe different depending on manufacturer date and model, but should be similar. Let me know.
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.
Another thought. Check the VieraLink and make sure you haven't changed the audio out to theater.