Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I purchased a Sony 55 TV January 19, 2010 Model Number:

Customer Question

I purchased a Sony 55 TV January 19, 2010
Model Number: KDL55V5100
When I turned the TV is can get audio but my picture is not showing. It's very light, its as if the contrast is very dark.
Could I get some help in telling me what the problem is?
LaRue Kee
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.
Hello, Sorry you're having problems. In order to determine if the TV is doing this, or your "source" (cable/SAT box, etc.), please grab your original Sony remote and press the HOME/MENU button. Does the TV's "NATIVE MENU" also display light and washed out?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am not sure what you mean by Native Menu but the menu showing on the tv is not light and washed out.
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.
quot;Native" means generated BY THE TV. Just like you are a native of where you're born from? So if the TV's own built in "native" MENU is NOT washed out- then you're looking at a SOURCE ISSUE. So that said- tell me what is connected to the TV. Is it a cable box? Or a SAT box? etc.?
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.
In other words- what do you get your programming from on the TV?
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.
No thank you, ***** ***** take a phone call. The site automatically sends that offer, it's not something I have control over. If you need assistance, simply reply back on this page please. I can solve this without a phone call, if you can reply back to what I asked (what do you receive your programming/TV shows from)?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Satellite
Dish. Ipy
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 9 months ago.
HelloMy name is ***** ***** previous expert has opted out I would like you to have another look at the sets own menu ,in particular the menus lettering is it all perfectly normal and bright? Anthony
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Anthony I do see the menu on the TV, but the picture is faded out under the menu. And to answer the question I do have satellite service!
Please understand I know you can see the menu on the TV but you need to examine the menu carefully it should look bright and is NOT affected at all by what is happening with the picture, so the lettering of the menu should be good and is totally un-affected itself, this is a very important check so if you are happy it is good let me know thanks Anthony
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Anthony I do see the menu on the TV, but the picture is faded out under the menu.
OK so the menu is un affectedPlease disconnect the box from wallpower wait 5 mins then replug the box back in again is there any change? Anthony
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Anthony I unplugged and replugged the box but there picture is still not working!
If you try another input like a DVD player doe that work OK ?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Anthony I unplugged and replugged the box but there picture is still not working! I have another TV in the bedroom and it is working perfectly.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Anthony I unplugged and replugged the box but there picture is still not working! I dont have a vcr ! have another TV in the bedroom and it is working perfectly. It is very hard for me to get behind the TV and unplug it, so I don't work at changing the wire that often!
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I finally got the picture to back on! Thanks you!
OK I believe the box is bad that feeds the Sony but I cant verify that until you try another input like a DVD to confirm my suspicion so please ask your box provider to swap the box Please consider rating the answerpositively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page,rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site (Iam a user of the site like you are a verified technician, I do notwork for JustAnswer) if you need more help let me know , note thequestion NEVER CLOSES IT REMAINS OPEN should you need more help no orlater thank you. ***** Anthony