Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

My Panasonic plasma hdtv model no tc-p42s2 made a load bang

Customer Question

my Panasonic plasma hdtv model no tc-p42s2 made a load bang with a spark and turned off. The power light blinks 10 times. What is wrong and how can I fix it?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Panasonic is? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: it is a 2010 or 2011 model and I have done no troubleshooting
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 5 months ago.
HelloWelcome Before we begin you must be aware that you may need to use a volt-ohm meter, there will be checks with that and visual checks, the first thing to do if you are looking to repair this yourself is get the back off the set and have a look at the power-board is there anything obvious on there you can see?the power-board is found by tracing the power-cord to it Anthony
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
how much is a new power board and where can I get one?
You need to get the part-number found on the board itself, this is because there may be upto 5 different boards in the same model and are not interchangeable, with that number (it will be etched or on a sticky label on the board) go to Click the above link.If they do not have it google the part-number for suppliers. Let me know if you need more help Please consider rating the answerpositively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page,rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site (Iam a user of the site like you are a verified technician, I do notwork for JustAnswer) if you need more help let me know , note thequestion NEVER CLOSES IT REMAINS OPEN should you need more help no orlater thank you. ***** Anthony
The cost of board around $100
Do you need anymore help with this please? Anthony