Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have a Sharp Aquos L42D64U television and it wont come

Customer Question

I have a Sharp Aquos L42D64U television and it wont come on....lights blink but no power up.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It might be 4 years old
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Lights blink but not coming on
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Hello, First- sorry you're having problems. Secondly, on Sharp sets- that blinking light indicates a hardware failure in the TV, and it will blink a "Code" inmost cases. That said, please carefully check the pattern of that blinking light and let me know what it's doing (for example: 2 long blinks, pause 1 short blink- repeat).
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2 long blinks on one blink on other
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Those LED's are labeled- one is OPC and the other is power. Which one blinks what?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
if I remember correctly the power blinked twice and opc blinked once
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Okay, the code is specific- so if you're off at all it completely changes what has failed in the set. Are you there with the TV right now and looking to dig into the issue? Or are you at work and posting simply asking what the possible causes are and if it's worth repairing?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Im at work...not with the tv right now.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
again, are you looking to try a DIY repair or asking for a repair estimate? Let me know what type of assistance you're looking for today.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
im trying to repair the tv myself.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Okay then reply back when you are at the TV since it's impossible to do this while you're away from the set.
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 5 months ago.
HelloWelcome Previous expert has opted out please let me know when you are with the set thank youAnthony