Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have an Elite LED TV that will not turn on. I have checked

Customer Question

I have an Elite LED TV that will not turn on. I have checked all of the power sources. There is a blue light flashing on the lower right hand corner which is usually solid when the TV is on.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: ELITE TV, they don't make it anymore. Hybrid of Sony and Panasonic. Left it unplugged for 45 minutes, nothing changed.
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Model Number off of the back of the TV please?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Where do I find that t
he TV is mounted on the wall?
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Well I guess you can't then. Sorry, but I don't be able to help without knowing the model of the TV. Good luck.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
PRO-7PX5FD
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. I am assuming you mean a SHARP Pro-70x5fd, which has sharp and pioneer components in it. Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, often a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as a 2011 model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising. The tv would be considered at/past its service life at this point, and these sets aren't very well supported as that partnership quickly dissolved. There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors. If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure. This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which could include dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics testing with a multimeter, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing individual components. If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $500 for diagnostics, parts, and labor, assuming parts can even be found. For a tv of this size/age however, replacement may make more sense. You can get a brand new LED tv with a fresh warranty in the low $1000 range, or update to the new 4k technology for about double that. Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options. Just let me know. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan