Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Vol keeps going up and down. vizio E55Oi-AOE

Customer Question

vol keeps going up and down. vizio E55Oi-AOE
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Sorry you're having problem. The volume rising up and down on it's own on a Vizio set is a fault in the Mainboard (which is the board that processes these commands). In most cases it requires replacement of this board. However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up. The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up with the volume operating normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Please read my reply and try those steps.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Are you still having the same problem?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
you have already answered my problem with vol. and I went and tried what you said/ no change. guess I have to buy new board. where?
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
The board is at the link below for purchase. Click on the link to see pricing and to order it: http://www.tvpartsguy.com/products/vizio-e550i-a0e-main-board-3655-0772-0150-0171-2271-4903.html?gclid=CjwKEAjw1Iq6BRDY_tK-9OjdmBESJABlzoY7puUBqoY_Em7_tT0V1VITdFKSJAENIhYoztTxgS3o9RoCSLjw_wcB See the video below to see how to replace the Mainboard yourself. It's a different TV, but the procedure is the same: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGIFONPTmcE Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Did you need further assistance with this please?