Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I'm having trouble connecting my Sony VCR to my Samsung

Customer Question

Hello, I'm having trouble connecting my Sony VCR to my Samsung Smart HDTV.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Hello, It's likely the cables are not in the correct ports. On the back of the Samsung, the yellow video cable from the VCR must be plugged into the "Green" port labeled "Y/Video" and then the Samsung "Source" (source button on the Samsung remote) set to the "Video" Input. Let me know once you've done this.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can you please call me? My home line is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
No thank you, ***** ***** take a phone call. The site automatically sends that offer, it's not something I have control over. If you need assistance, simply reply back on this page please.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok. I did what you asked, but I'm not getting a picture for the VCR.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will pay $26 if you resolve my problem, but think it's only fair to pay $5 if you do not.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Your cables are not connected correctly on the VCR then. Make sure the Yellow is plugged into "Video Out" (not Input). Let me know.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
By "video" input on the source remote, do you mean the one that says "AV"?
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Also please read my reply above.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The cables are connected properly to video out on VCR. I can get sound, but no picture.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The screen is purple, and i can see the timer for VCR with what part of tape is being played but no picture.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, let's try a review of the basics re-confirm that the SLV595HF's LINE OUT VIDEO yellow jack to the UN46EH5300F's green jack labeled V/VIDEO.If still a no-go, then check/replace the yellow + white & red RCA-to-RCA cable.Additionally, consider using a video/tape head cleaner with the Sony.