Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I'm having trouble connecting my Sony VCR to my Samsung

Customer Question

Hello, I'm having trouble connecting my Sony VCR to my Samsung Smart HDTV.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, It's likely the cables are not in the correct ports. On the back of the Samsung, the yellow video cable from the VCR must be plugged into the "Green" port labeled "Y/Video" and then the Samsung "Source" (source button on the Samsung remote) set to the "Video" Input. Let me know once you've done this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please call me? My home line is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
No thank you, ***** ***** take a phone call. The site automatically sends that offer, it's not something I have control over. If you need assistance, simply reply back on this page please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I did what you asked, but I'm not getting a picture for the VCR.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will pay $26 if you resolve my problem, but think it's only fair to pay $5 if you do not.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Your cables are not connected correctly on the VCR then. Make sure the Yellow is plugged into "Video Out" (not Input). Let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By "video" input on the source remote, do you mean the one that says "AV"?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Also please read my reply above.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The cables are connected properly to video out on VCR. I can get sound, but no picture.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The screen is purple, and i can see the timer for VCR with what part of tape is being played but no picture.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, let's try a review of the basics re-confirm that the SLV595HF's LINE OUT VIDEO yellow jack to the UN46EH5300F's green jack labeled V/VIDEO.If still a no-go, then check/replace the yellow + white & red RCA-to-RCA cable.Additionally, consider using a video/tape head cleaner with the Sony.