Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a panasonic pt-61lcx65 The sound will not work. It

Customer Question

I have a panasonic pt-61lcx65 The sound will not work. It was working fine when we turned it off but now nothing I try will turn the sound on we have a picture just no sound
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.
Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?Thanks.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Direct/TV Sat
and I have a DVR connectedI have not tried the DVR
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for the info, can you please try DVR as a test?If sound comes from TV speakers then it would be issue of Directv box or connection cable from box to TV.At this point, please unplug Directv box power cord from wall outlet for 5 minutes, replug back in and let it reboot that may take few minutes, make sure connection cable from box to TV is plugged securely and tight in both things and check sound in TV.Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.
Hi, do you need any further assistance with this question?Thanks.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I unplug and plug back in the direct TV same thing picture is great no sound from tv and the surrond sound will not work either.
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.
Sorry to hear that.- Did you try DVR for sound check?- Do you get sound through TV speakers?- What else is connected to surround sound system and have you tried it with any other source beside TV sound?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
radio and dvd player is connected to surround sound and it works but does not work on the tv speakers
I even tried the tv/video and changing it to the static no sound for static on the tv or suround sound
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.
Did you try DVR for sound check?- How long the Directv box left unplugged to reset?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
5- 7 min I left it unplug trying the Dvr
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.
OK, please put the sound system aside for a while and make sure TV speakers are enabled to get sound through TV builtin speakers.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
netflix works
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.
Is the Netflix video streaming coming through DVR?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
coming thru dvd player
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.
Do you get Netflix sound in TV speakers?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.
Good, it seems all is set except Directv box that has got internal failure with sound processor and causing the problem. We have tried to reboot the Directv box that didn't work that means box has got hardware related issue and at this point you would need to call service provider and ask them to replace Directv box which will help to resolve the sound problem. Your TV and sound system is just fine as you get Netflix picture and sound.I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How come I dont here the static on the tv when the box is not hooked up to it like I normally do?
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.
Most of TV sound get mute on static noise while no antenna is connected so it is normal.However, you would need to check TV builtin speakers to make sure they are enabled, press Menu, go to Audio menu then go to Other Adjust option and check Speaker option that should be ON to get sound through TV speakers.Another option is to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, turn On the TV and check sound through TV speakers. I hope these info will help. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.Thanks.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I just did that and no sound comes out for the static
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Its not the directTV Box I just changed it out with another directTV box that was working perfectly from another room and still no sound on the panasonic
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.
OK, is there any DVD player available to connect directly to TV as a test?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the DVD player works
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.
you get DVD playback sound through TV builtin speakers, correct?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.
This is an evidence that TV itself is fine. How the Directv box is hooked to TV? through HDMI cable or 5 color coded video wires?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
HDMI
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I think it has to be some sort of setting on the remote for TV that got changed by accident I just cant figure out what it would be
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.
If you get Directv picture on TV then nothing has changed in settings of TV or remote.Another test is to pull the HDMI cable from Directv box and plug it in any other video device such as DVD or bluray player or gaming console etc, if you get picture and sound now then it will confirm that Directv box sound processor has got problem and directv box will need to be replaced.Thanks.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I grabed a Direct TV Box from another TV where everything was working great sound Picture etc and Connected it to the one I having problems with the sound.I still have picture but no sound with the new box
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.
This is odd, did you check this directv box to other TV/ location? does it give sound there?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did a complete swap
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.
This issue is surprising me, give me 20 minutes to recheck the related manuals. Is this OK?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
sounds good
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.
What HDMI input of TV is hooked to Directv box, if it is HDMI-1 then connect an audio cable that has red-white RCA pins into Audio IN 1 jacks below the HDMI jack on TV and plug it into Audio Out jacks on Directv box.If Is is HDMI-2 then plug audio cable into Audio In 2 jacks below the audio in 1 jacks. Do you get sound now in TV speakers?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
unfortunately I had it set like that already but I did try changing it around a few diffferent ways and nothing
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.
I'm out of ideas what is causing this problem so let me repost the question for other experts to have a look, hopefully some one will soon be with you to assist you further.Pleas do not rate my answer and leave it as it is or it will hinder the question repost.Thanks.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
any new ideas?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Any New ideas?
Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.
Hello , i`m JackIf you still need help with this then let me know and i may have a few ideas here