Dan, Broadcast Engineer
Experience:  I am a member of The Society of Broadcast Engineers for a local CBS station
1567601

Have a LG tv with an invalid Google address that I can't

Customer Question

Have a LG tv with an invalid Google address that I can't delete or access. What can I do?
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, I look forward to assisting you today. Have you tried doing a factory reset?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why would I want to do a factory reset when all I want to do is get rid of the Invalid Google email address? How do we do that?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Depending on what the problem is, doing a reset should take care of it. We can try removing it if you like but it sounds like you haven't had much luck with that?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Tell me first, how have you tried to delete the account?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've tried to log on to Google and access the email address but because it's not a valid account that doesn't work and I don't know how to get the account deleted and/or changed to the account that it should be registered to. To be able to talk to a real person that can go in and look at the issue is what I'm looking for. I'm trying to delete something that I don't have access to, is the bot***** *****ne.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How about removing the invalid email account?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
If you provide me with the email address and password ***** will try to access the account and see what I can do. Naturally you would need to use a different password ***** your accounts in the future if you use the same one/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The email in question is: [email protected]
I don't know what the password ***** ***** I didn't set up that account. I have never tried to access until recently when I got a notification on my TV from Google. So you can see my dilemma.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is***@******.***
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Okay go to your Yahoo email account. There you will find information from Google to reset your gmail password ***** gain access to your account.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Just checking to see if you were able to gain access and reset your account. Let me know if you need further assistance please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I had a medical emergency and ended up in ER after our last comm. Am back home now and will try your fix some time later today
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Okay. Hope all is well? Let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
No problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I've checked my Yahoo email account. There are no messages from Google. Did you contact Google tech support (somehow) with the issue and forward them my Yahoo email info to help resolve the issue??
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
I did exactly that. They had a Yahoo email address as a backup address so they can send you the reset information. Have you checked the spam or junk mail box if your account has one?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing in either.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just rechecked again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They need to send to:***@******.***
If they use that address I should get the info.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Signing off for the evening.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
The problem is, that Yahoo email does not match what Google has on file. Apparently you must have changed it at some time? What they have is***@******.***. If you changed the Yahoo account and didn't update the information at Google, they will not be able to send the password *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've never had that address @ yahoo.When I first started using yahoo mail in 1998 that address was already in use hence the 02 was assigned. So why can't they use the address you/ I gave them to resolve the issue? That would make it so I could everything updated.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Because when you setup your account at Google, that is what was listed as your backup email account. Since you cannot access the Google account to correct the Yahoo email address, the only thing you might be able to do is create a Yahoo account using the email address that Google is looking for.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just stated that the address Google is looking for is assigned to someone else, don't know how they got it associated with me.
Why can't someone at Google just send me a fix to the***@******.*** address?
This ain't rocket science and it is being made more difficult than necessary. That or give me a phone contact at Google to talk to.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
You can try this number 1-***-***-**** as well as this LINK.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
You can also try this number. 1-***-***-****