Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

Half of the screen is black on a RCA LCD tv the in the

Customer Question

Half of the screen is black on a RCA LCD tv the in the "black" side you see some vertical color stripes and some blacks
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Model is LC-C47000UN and I can see inside that its look like the screen is melting, because I can see and touch some type of liquid like oil.
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No, it turn on ok although I have not connect it to the cable service.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.
Hi , I`m Jack , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take some time between replies today;Are we talking about a RCA or Sharp tv ?That model number although it does not exist is similar to sharp tv model numbers.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I clearly stated in my question that it is an RCA TV Model LC-C4700. I have the service manual and thats the model that appears, I may put an extra "0" to the Model, if so I'm sorry. It may also appears as LC-40LE4700UN.
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.
If you got the service manual , what is the manual saying ??What is the model number that manual is for ??
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.
Look at the model number here , doesn`t it look familiar ?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are you charging me for every time you ask for something? , ok forget it. I do not longer need your services.
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
Looks like Jack has opted out. Do you still need help with the TV? You are not charged for every response... just for the question.