Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

Vizio tv (Hulu) cc function stopped working. I cannot toggle

Customer Question

Vizio tv (Hulu) cc function stopped working. I cannot toggle to cc, but rest of the menu buttons work. I was watching a series with subtitles, but now they are gone. Says cc off now.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: Not that I know of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, I look forward to assisting you today. Is it the CC function you are trying to use while you are watching Hulu or some other channel?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It worked for the previous episode of the series and now say cc off.
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
Okay while you are watching Hulu, there should be a menu button that will allow you to turn captions on? Is that not working?
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
My apologies, but I am unable to contact you by phone at this time.
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
Can you give me the model number of the TV please?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
vizio model E320i-AO
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
Thank you. Give me a minute to research this for you.
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
Okay, press the menu button on the remote, then move to the CC icon and enter that. Check to see if either of those selections are turned on.
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
How's it going?