Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My Mom has a 42" Panasonic Plasma TV. It was moved from her

Customer Question

My Mom has a 42" Panasonic Plasma TV. It was moved from her home to a new home earlier this week. when connecting the TV via HDMI cable, the picture is a washed out purple and green. I tried each of the three HDMI inputs and all were same result.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: The TV gets a normal picture (non-HD) when hooked up to coaxial cable. I tried unplugging the cable box from it's power source to reset. same result w/HDMI input.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.
Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Can you try another video source such as DVD/Bluray player to HDMI input of TV as a test?This will help to figure out if the TV is within TV or cable box is defective.Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I tried connecting to another box with the same result.
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for the info.- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
TV is at a different location. No way for me to do that now.
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.
OK, please take your time and reply back with TV model number to troubleshoot the problem.Thanks.