Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a rca tv w/dcd but if if is only plugged in with no

Customer Question

i have a rca tv w/dcd but if if is only plugged in with no cable it just show no signal.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: LED32B30RQD says 2/2015
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i am trying to hook up my cable but if i hook the cord up it just says no signal
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: not sure
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.
Hello, If there's no cable- then the TV shows No Signal because nothing's connected to it. What exactly are you trying to view on the TV right now?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
if i hook up the cable cord to the tv it still shows no signal
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i am not sure if you are still there
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.
Well it takes more than that to get a signal, you need to have cable with a working signal coming into it. Then you need to put the TV on the correct Input, and then run a channel scan. So, in order to help further I need the following from you: 1) Whom is your cable provider? 2) Are you running a coaxial cable from the wall to the TV with NO BOX?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i have media com. I have hooked up a different tv to the cable that comes from the wall and it works. we do not have a box hooked up on that tv.
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.
Okay, then you're looking at an Input issue and the need to run a channel scan. Do you have the original RCA remote?
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.
You need the original RCA remote right now- do you have that, yes or no please?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
but it will not let me get to be able to do the scan search.
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.
One step at a time. Click on the manual below and FIRST you will need to "CLEAR ALL CHANNELS". Go to page 30 to do that. Once you do that- reply back here: http://download.oncorpus.com/UM%20LED32B30RQD%20(2012).pdf
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok so i am supposed to go to the menu button? if i do it does not show the same as the manual. i to not have the button to pick
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.
Scroll back in the manual a bit more if you're unsure where you're supposed to be. I posted the entire manual for you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
you can't help me? I need to be able to reset the tv . so how can i get to that scrren?
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.
If your TV is different than your TV's manual then I have no ideas. I will opt out. Good luck.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i want to make sure that i did not have to pay the 5.00 dollars
Customer: replied 9 months ago.