Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

Have Panasonic TC-32LE60 model TV that will not turn on with

Customer Question

Have Panasonic TC-32LE60 model TV that will not turn on with the remote. The red light on TV is steady when you click on the remote and then goes to flashing red.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours? Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Yes we have
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: It will usually turn on after the second or third attempt after unplugging it from the wall and replugging it back in.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Hello, Sorry you're having problems. The blinking light is an error code used by Panasonic to tell a technician what has failed. Please check once that light is blinking for a code (for example: 7 blinks, pause, 7 blinks, pause, etc.) and let me know what specific code you get. Also how old is the TV?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
10 yrs old. I will need a few minutes to check to see if it is blinking a code
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Thank you. There is always a code- it's built into the set. It can be anywhere from 1 to 13 blinks. Let me know.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The TV is not currently giving the error code because it has been on for the last 15 minutes. Typically, it will start to do this again after being turned off for a while. My husband thinks it has something to do with the electronic warming up.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It took 3 attempts this morning to get it to turn on. After each failed attempted, it was unplugged and then plugged back in. On the third attempt it came on.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Please reply back when it's blinking the code as there are dozens of possible faults on the set. Otherwise I can only give you general information. Yes it's an electronic issue- there are 13 different codes- each one tells a different story.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How long can we wait to reply? Do I need to pay the $5.00 again to respond later today?
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
I'm not privy in any way to billing, accounts, etc.- I'm an independent tech, not a site employee. You would need to direct those questions to customer service via the home page. I'm simply an AV technician. You can direct billing questions here: http://*****@******.*** You can reply back here at anytime by, Bookmarking the Page/Add to Favorites, logging onto, then clicking on "My Questions", or by clicking on any of the links in the Reply E-mails the site sends you.