Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

If I connect the IOgear to my PVR and place the receiver in

Customer Question

If I connect the IOgear to my PVR and place the receiver in another room with an appropriate digital TV and HDMI input socket to watch free to air TV on one channel, can I watch another TV channel on the hard wired TV? Or do both TVs have to have to be tuned to the same channel? The antenna runs from the PVR to the TV. And I think I would need to get an HDMI splitter so one connection would go to the hard-wired TV and one to the IOgear transmitter box. The second TV has lousy reception from small antenna. We get good reception with the TV in living room where the PVR is connected. Would we be able to watch the living room TV through the usual TV and the second TV through the PVR tuner and IOgear? We need to be able to watch different channels at the same time...I can only take so much sport!
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Hello, This isn't a simple one shot answer without more specifics. In order to help you, I would need the following: 1) The type of signal coming into the home from the coax/aerial cable (Satellite, Cable, etc.). 2) The brand and model of the PVR. 3) Is the IOGear unit you have a wireless HDMI switch? Also what is the model of that device? 4) What is the model number off of the back of each TV you want to view on? Once this info is posted I can give specifics.