Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

I have a Vizio HDTV , It's approximately 4 years old and the

Customer Question

I have a Vizio HDTV , It's approximately 4 years old and the screen has gone Black , Is this common ? , Is there a Fix ?
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.
Welcome George. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website. From the symptoms and the fact you tried unplugging the power cord already, we can say that there is a failure inside the tv that will require diagnosis and parts. It could be the back lights or the power going to the back lights or even other possibilities. Yes, this symptom is one common failure of these type of Tv's. The only fix is to take the back off, use a meter to find the fault, and order parts. If you have the desire and experience to perform this type of operations then I can help you with that otherwise a repair shop is needed but it may not be worth the cost because of the low prices of Tv's. Simple repairs often run $250-$350.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.
I'm so sorry for the bad news. Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above. Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Then if you still need help you can reply back and I will be happy to assist you further.ThanksMike