Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My TV has suddenly become really dark and hard to see. When

Customer Question

My TV has suddenly become really dark and hard to see. When I look at my picture options on the menu I can see the backlight and contrast are set really high. I cannot scroll down to these settings to change them.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
Hi , I`m JackPerhaps I can help you with this problem , please send me a reply when you see this ?
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
Need assistance with this ?
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
HelloIf the brightness or contrast has dropped all of sudden without you changing any settings in the menu then this could indicate a hardware problem that will require repair however if you want to give a try at adjusting then in the picture menu at the top first set the MODE to STANDARD and you should have access to the adjustments. Let me know what that does and especially that backlight control