Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

There. I have a problem with an old Sony SXRD JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

HI there. I have a problem with an old Sony SXRD
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I am getting the "2 red flashes" issue when I power up the tv. Sometimes it turns on and shows a picture for about 10 seconds before shutting down with the flash, or sometimes it goes straight to the flash.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Sony KDF-E50A11E. No, it's been fine up until very recently.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: I've replaced the lamp housing, but that didn't do the trick. I think it's a flakey micro-switch which makes the TV think that the lamp door isn't shut even when it is. So I think I have to replace that small board, or just short it out so that it thinks the cover is always in.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.
Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Does the power light on TV blink 2 times?Thanks.
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.
Hi, did you get above reply?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It starts off flashing green while warming up, as per normal, then at a certain point you hear a sort of a click, and then it starts flashing red. 2 red flashes, then a gren flash, then 2 red flashes and a green, and this repeats.
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.
OK, working on it and get back to you in few minutes.
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.
2 red flashes indicates problem with lamp cover or lamp cartridge isn't placed correctly in TV, lamp cartridge has to push a safety switch inside lamp housing and another safety switch push by lamp cover on TV, if any of safety switch is open then TV will not turn On.Please reinstall the lamp cartridge in TV, make sure it is all the way in TV and tight the screws.Now put the lamp door on TV and rotate the lock knob then put lamp cover on TV that will snap in to secure the lamp area.Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.Thanks.