Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I was watching my sharp tv when it just went black.I tried

Customer Question

I was watching my sharp tv when it just went black.I tried to power it off and on but it would not shut off.Only way I could turn it off was pull out the power plug.The power light comes on solid at first,but then both front lights blink,and the power light comes on solid again.I cannot perform any functions at all with the remote or controls on the side of my tv.I have had this unit about 4 years.It is a Sharp Aquas 52" lcd tv.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.
Welcome Bill. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website.To get started, I need to know you are able to reply to me here...- Is the screen all black or all blue or error message?- If you bring up the tv menu with the original Sharp remote or the button on the tv itself, can you see it on the screen?___________________________________________________________________** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear ** ** Do NOT start a new question **