Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I HAVE AN OLD 2006 KDS-R60XBR1 THAT HAS QUIT. WHEN YOU GO TO

Customer Question

I HAVE AN OLD 2006 KDS-R60XBR1 THAT HAS QUIT. WHEN YOU GO TO TURN IT ON, THE GREEN LIGHT BLINKS AND THEN A RED LIGHT BLINKS 3 TIMES. WONDERED IF THIS IS THE BULB IN BACK OF TV ON LEFT REAR AS YOU LOOK AT TV FROM REAR. HAVE HAD TO REPLACE THIS ONCE ALREADY. IF SO HOW MUCH IS IT AND HOW QUICK TO GET ONE. AM IN MEMPHIS, TN. I HAVE A 50 INCH JUST LIKE THIS AND THAT BULB HAS NEVER BEEN REPLACED, HOWEVER IT DOES NOT GET SAME USE AS THE 60. ANY HELP IS APPRECIARED.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
Hi , I`m JackPerhaps I can help you with this problem
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
Did you pull out the lamp door already ?
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
This is an LCD projection tv .If the power light blinks green at startup and then red 3 times then this indicates an open or not securely seated lamp or lamp door hence my asking about the cover above , so make sure the lamp door is closed correctly by either re-installing it or just pull it out and back in securely.After that if the LAMP light blinks at the front instead of the tv coming on then you do need a lampThere are various prices for these lamps but I would not buy those cheap $30 knock-offs on ebay and amazon , you`d be asking for trouble only.Here is one at $55 that would do and carries a 3 months warranty ;, just click this link here >>> CLICK ME And here is a better one at $94 but has 1 year warranty ; http://www.shopjimmy.com/sony-xl-5100-dlp-replacement-lamp-with-philips-bulb.htm Either will do but you can expect a longer life with the second one .Let me know if you have other questions and if not for now then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help . Thank you
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
Do you have any questions on this ?
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
If you don`t have any more questions for now then please do take the time to rate my answer by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit , this is how I make a living and that rating gets me paid for my time.Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.Thanks for understanding .