Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

My Samsung 50" led picture is inverted JA: Sometimes things

Customer Question

My Samsung 50" led picture is inverted
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The picture is inverted
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.
Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website.To get started, I need to know you are able to reply to me here...1. What is the model number of the Tv? see sticker on back of tv2. How long have you had the Tv?___________________________________________________________________** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear ** ** Do NOT start a new question **
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Un50h6350afxza 22 months
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.
Is the picture upside down or is it like a film negative? If you bring up the tv menu using the Samsung remote, is that menu normal or is it also affected by this issue?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Every thing is normal, except the picture and all menus are upside down and backwards.I am looking at the tech svc menu now.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.
Are you a technician?Were there some parts replaced?Were there some values in the service menu that you change?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Options, control, Debug, ADC/WB, advanced.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Main board replaced.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No changes to svc menu
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Tough to read reversed and upside down
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am not a technician
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.
Why did you replace the Main board? Trying to fix this exact problem? or a different problem? When you say Main board, you mean the board with the audio/video jacks, correct?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Youtube
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the one with all connections. This solved will not power on problem, and upon restarting successfully the screen is inverted.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.
Where did you get the new board? Do the numbers on the old board match the numbers on the new board EXACTLY ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ftvparts, and yes the numbers match. I accessed the tech svc screen by remote code, does it contain an option to correct this inverted display?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
All is good with this exception.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.
Only some models have those options and every model has a slightly different service menu structure so I cannot tell you where to look. You just have to search around. Usually it's called Horizontal Flip and Vertical Flip
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Options, control, Debug, ADC/WB, advanced. Those are my 2st level choices, can you guide me?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.
Sorry, as I said every model has a slightly different service menu structure so I cannot tell you where to look. You just have to search around for Horizontal Flip and Vertical Flip (if this model even has it). If this model doesn't have it then the Main board you got needs to be returned and exchanged.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Rats, thought it might be simpler. Any nomenclature for lead in selections fo the vertical flip setting?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.
each option will simply be On or Off:- Horz Flip On/Off- Vert Flip On/Off
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I see nothing like that, any svc category that might get me there?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.
If you don't see it and have been through each menu level then it does not exist on this model. exchanging the board is the next option.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Well, thanks, ***** ***** were not able to provide the assistance I needed.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.
you're welcome good luck
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.
Hello, just checking back in to see if you came to the same conclusion that I did? (exchanging the board with the seller)