Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

My Colby television is only five years old and the very last

Customer Question

My Colby television is only five years old and the very last gift that my mom bought for me before she passed away...I was watching television and it just shut off ...I in plugged it and it came back ..only for a few minutes please is there something I can do???
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.
Please try this:-disconnect all audio/video wires from the tv.-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.-press and hold the power button on the tv for 20 seconds and release.-plug in only the tv power cord and try to turn on. If it will stay on, go ahead and re-connect the audio/video wires. If it won't stay on then unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The Tv has an internal failure and the back panel needs to come off, checks need to be performed, then parts ordered and installed. Depending on the size of the screen, it may not be worth repairing vs the cost of a new tv (unless you have electronics experience and want to attempt a DIY repair). I'm so sorry for the bad news. Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above or if you have electronics experience and want to attempt a DIY repair.Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other customers. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here and selecting the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue (nor does it issue you a refund).Thank you,Mike
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.
Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?