Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Green light is on however , no sound and screen is black JA:

Customer Question

Green light is on however , no sound and screen is black
JA: TV is better than ever... just as long as it works right. ;-) Fortunately, the technicians are real masters, and I'd like to connect you with the best one to untangle any issue you're having with a green light. Have you tried to troubleshoot?
Customer: That is what I was searching for now
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It will not come one when the power button is pressed
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: it is hooked up to a cable box and xbox
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
HelloWelcome I will need the model number please found on the back of the set? Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sanyo DP42746
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Yes please give me at least 5 mins to reply thank you I am checking the set
I cant take a phone call right now sorry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Ok if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have the remote of tv set
Is there a menu button on the set itself?please try that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
So yes the menu comes up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No menu comes up screen is completely black
OK as the light is green (no menu) and the set is seemingly in the ON mode it looks like there may be a main-board issue however please re-boot the set by unplugging the set fro wallpower wait 5 mins then replug back in again let me know if there is any change Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 more mins
OK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Screen still black
OK its looking like a mainboard issue but to verify that would need checks made with a meter , I can help you with this but you will need to be of practical mind and can use a meter, ultimately it will lead to replacement of the mainboard (most likely) let me know if you can do the workCost of a board will be around $80+ I am sorry this is not something easier Let me know if you need more help Pleaseconsider rating the answer positively there will be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please reply back and I will address any of your concerns, note the question NEVER closes, its open for further advice if necessaryManyThanksAnthony
Do you have any thoughts on this please? Do you need anymore help? Anthony