Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My Samsung plasma wont turn on. Model PN43F4500AF.When

Customer Question

My Samsung plasma wont turn on.
Model PN43F4500AF.When the power button is pressed, the red standby light blinks 6 times, pauses, and repeats. When plugged in the standby light is solid until the power button is pressed.I replaced the main video board, and the power supply. All voltages test good according to the spec sheet.
VS=208V
VA=58V
VSC=-190A small green LED on video board is blinks after the power button is pressed.I have tools, and some electronics troubleshooting experience, but need some expert help.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.
Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Does screen glow/ show any light when turn On the TV?- Did you replace any other board beside the power supply and main board in TV?Thanks.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
There is no sign at all from the screen. No other boards were replaced.
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.
OK, so screen has no light at all when turn the TV On, correct?Can you provide me picture of rear of TV showing all circuit boards mounted there which will help me to get related manual for troubleshooting purpose?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Correct, no light at all from the screen.Would you like close up pictures of each board?
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for nice picture. What is the version code of TV?It would be written on back cover next to model number.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Version No: UD01.
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** it and get back with you in 15 minutes, is this OK?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Absolutely, thank you.
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for waiting, it seems y-main board located on left side at rear of TV is defective and causing the problem. It is long board mounted vertically on left side. Please check following supplier link to get y-main board price info to order it..http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn96-25187a-y-main-board.htmYou may please return power supply and main board to supplier once get the TV up and running. Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.Thanks.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I will try this, thank you.Are there any troubleshooting steps I can try to confirm this before buying another board?
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.
Yes and you have already confirmed it in initial post, VS=208V and VA=58V are the test, if volts are available at y-main but still no light on screen then y-main board isn't working any more and swapping it will help to resolve the problem.I hope these info will help, please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.Thanks.
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.
I need to go offline now and may not reply you for next few hours.Thanks.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'll let you know when I've got a new Y-SUS board. Thank you.
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.
OK, take your time.