Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have a 2002, Sony #KP53HS, projection TV, the picture went

Customer Question

I have a 2002, Sony #KP53HS, projection TV, the picture went out yesterday, can you still buy a picture tube, for this year and model. Spec's. say it is a "7-inch high-brightness monochrome tube ( 6.3 raster size ), with optical coupling and liquid cooling system
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.
Hi , I`m JackPerhaps I can help you with this problem , please send me a reply when you see this ?
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.
I`ll start by saying that there are not one but 3 tubes in there and yes they are monochrome but red/green and blue .In any case this is far from certain that the tubes would be the problem and as a matter of fact I would be totally surprised if that was the case .Right now you either have a power supply or high voltage/deflection circuit problem not to mention a very possible vertical or convergence problem .Lets not forget the control and protection circuit as well if it is in shutdown or perhaps simply a video circuit problemDoes the light blink at the front ?