Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have a Haier 55e3500 and recently the TV would turn off every

Customer Question

I have a Haier 55e3500 and recently the TV would turn off every 10-15 minutes. I thought it was a power supply issue so I ordered a new power supply board. The problem now is that when install the new board, the LED backlight for the TV doesn't turn on. Holding a flashlight up to the TV, I can see that it's on but no backlight. The original board had two LED connecting slots while the new board has four. Hopefully someone can help me with my situation, thanks!
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.
Hi , I`m JackPerhaps I can help you with this problem but first I must say that if you don`t have the correct board then this won`t workIf the board detects failed or missing led strips then it shuts down the whole thing , you can`t just leave 2 plugs empty
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.
How old is this tv anyway ?
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.
I have the service manual for this if you want it
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm confident that I have the same board, both of them are labeled with the part number TV5001-ZC02-01. It's just that the old one has two connectors instead of four. The TV is about two months old.
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.
This tv has 1 year warranty , any reason you`re not using that ?
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.
There has to be a variation , you may have the same generic PCB number but not the same or exact same part number and actually i simply cannot find anything on this model as far as parts goes so i will opt out and repost your question
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.
You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.