Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Haier 55e3500 and recently the TV would turn off every

Customer Question

I have a Haier 55e3500 and recently the TV would turn off every 10-15 minutes. I thought it was a power supply issue so I ordered a new power supply board. The problem now is that when install the new board, the LED backlight for the TV doesn't turn on. Holding a flashlight up to the TV, I can see that it's on but no backlight. The original board had two LED connecting slots while the new board has four. http://imgur.com/a/NB0C5 Hopefully someone can help me with my situation, thanks!
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
Hi , I`m JackPerhaps I can help you with this problem but first I must say that if you don`t have the correct board then this won`t workIf the board detects failed or missing led strips then it shuts down the whole thing , you can`t just leave 2 plugs empty
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
How old is this tv anyway ?
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
I have the service manual for this if you want it
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm confident that I have the same board, both of them are labeled with the part number TV5001-ZC02-01. It's just that the old one has two connectors instead of four. The TV is about two months old.
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
This tv has 1 year warranty , any reason you`re not using that ?
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
There has to be a variation , you may have the same generic PCB number but not the same or exact same part number and actually i simply cannot find anything on this model as far as parts goes so i will opt out and repost your question
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.