Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My problem is that my Sony Trinitron has video 2 on

Customer Question

Hello, My problem is that my Sony Trinitron has video 2 on the screen and never seems to go away, can I fix that without the remote or do I need a remote, and also when I play my video game on the tv the screen is oversized can I some how make everything fit on the screen??
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Sorry you're having problems. Offhand, and unfortunately- Yes you do need the remote to remove the Video 2 icon from the screen- it is the "Display" button on the remote. As far a the video game screen being over-sized, that requires more info: 1) What brand/model video game console is this? 2) What cabling/connections are being used to connect the console to the TV? 3) What is the model number off of the back of the Trinitron?
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Additionally, the solution for the Video Game ( I just found) is the "Picture Mode" button- also only available on the original remote. You can purchase the original remote at the link below for under $10 shipped to you: http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-RM-Y174-TRINITRON-TV-Remote-Control-OEM-KV-32XBR400-KV-36XBR400-/181930860574
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?