Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

When switching channels I lose the sound on the next station

Customer Question

When switching channels I lose the sound on the next station going through the sony
receiver?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.
Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- What is connected to TV for channels, a cable box?- Does the sound problem occurs only with channels and you get normal sound when watch other video sources such as Bluray player etc connected to TV?Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Direct TV and then Sony receiver.
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for the info.- Does the sound problem occurs only with channels and you get normal sound when watch other video sources such as Bluray player etc connected to TV?- Is the Directv box connected into Sony receiver or directly into TV?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't do blue ray, it was working fine until I tried to do FM tuning on the receiver
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no i have hearing problems on the phone.
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.
Phone call offer is automated, I'm not sending it so feel free to ignore it if you prefer to continue in text chat.- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
NO, that's NO
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
yes I tried all of that, I know it's in the settings. I get multi stereo and switch channels partial sound.
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.
OK, do you get normal sound of Directv channels if connect it directly into HDMI input of TV?This way we will check if the issue is within receiver or TV or Directv box.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm not at home. don't ask me again for the GD phone.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes, and I got the multi stereo to work on a channel then lose it when I switch
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hello anybody there?
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.
Phone call offer is automated, I'm not sending it, feel free to ignore if you prefer to continue in text chat format.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok what's the answer
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.
I'm out of ideas what is causing the sound problem so let me repost the question for other experts to have a look.I'm opting out to repost the question, hopefully some one will soon be with you to assist you.Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
listen do you know the TV menu for a receiver hookup?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I want my money back because your not listening.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
you call yourself an expert?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There's a wasted 28 bucks.