Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

My Vizio 39" E390i-B0 TV has a no picture problem.

Customer Question

My Vizio 39" E390i-B0 TV has a no picture problem. The power is there but the tv just shows a blank gray screen when it is switched on. Can you please help me fix it?
Thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
Hi , I`m JackPerhaps I can help you with this problem , please send me a reply when you see this ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes please, are you part of just answer?
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
HelloActually not an employee here but an independent tech. that does work for this website
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
Do you still have sound ?Can you see the TV's own menu ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I see nothing and could hear nothing Jack. I would be happy pay $26 for you to call if you can confirm that that is all the additional cost will be and no more.
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
As I`m not an employee here I am not privy to any of the billing ,trials , subscription etc. and also , if you received a $26 phone offer it was automated from the web site ,not from me and we won`t need it for now anyway unless you`d rather do this on the phone , let me know.
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
This is an easy diagnostic anyway and I only have these questions to follow ;How do you want to proceed from here ?Look into this yourself or the repair shop ?Let me know and i will help you along if you wish to look into repairing this yourself ,otherwise i will give you the details and costs you could expect.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks Jack, I did receive a phone offer on this. I am skipping that for the moment. Lets chat here. thanks.
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
No problem , did you see my last reply ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am looking to repair this myself if that is possible with your instructions
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
Normally the blank white screen would be attributed to the t-con board and no sound to the main board but as it happens in this model both of those circuit are located on the main board so that is what you need to replaceThis is Plug&Play , no solder or adjustments ,screws and plugs .Now there are some 3 versions of that board for your model so I would need your serial number prefix letters ?Like LAQAPSAQ for example
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok, let me take a look at it. I might have to ping you back later today or tomorrow once I try this. Thanks for your suggestion.
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
No problem and you can also see the main boards and average price at this link but note tthat this is for ID purpose only , they are not in stock there ;http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=E390i-B0+ Talk to you later then and If that answers your questions for now please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you today.Also note that it will not close this post .Thank you