Richard, Technician
Experience:  Avid TV Technician

My TCL roku smart tv says it doesn't have any updates but struggles

Customer Question

My TCL roku smart tv says it doesn't have any updates but struggles with Internet connection and won't load Netflix at all and I have tried unplugging the modem or wireless router, and I've unplugged the tv too but still nothing's working
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeWhen you say it will not load Netflix, is the app not showing at all? Or it loads and gives and error (and if it gives an error which error is it)?Also are you connecting to your router via a network cable or via the wireless network?Please let me knowThank you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Wireless router and it's throwing errors
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.
ThanksCan you tell me please the errors you get.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It says code: nw-8-17
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.
ThanksFrom within the Netflix application, use the arrows on your remote to enter the following sequence:Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up.Select Sign out, Start Over or Deactivate.Then sign in again and tell me if it now works please