Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I'm getting a rectangular box on the screen when I turn on

Customer Question

I'm getting a rectangular box on the screen when I turn on the set. It says to hit input, and I do that and I get an analog channel number on the screen. Then it goes back to the rectangle telling me to hit input. I've tried turning it off and on, unplugging everything. Nothing works. Help
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.
Welcome Pat. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website.To get started, I need to know you are able to reply to me here...Who is your tv channel provider?Do you usually change channels with the original tv remote or with the channel provider's remote?___________________________________________________________________** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear ** ** Do NOT start a new question **
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
direct tv\With the channel provider's remote
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.
Have you reconnected the Directv box to the tv? What port on the tv? example- HDMI 1 or HDMI 2 or ? Besides Directv, is anything else connected? like bluray or dvd or game or ?