Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Yellow light keeps blinking on the front of my TV. Can't turn

Customer Question

Yellow light keeps blinking on the front of my TV. Can't turn off and the TV will not come on.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
Hi , I`m JackPerhaps I can help you with this problem , please send me a reply when you see this ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The TV will not turn off pushing the power button on the side of the TV or remote. The only way I can stop the blinking yellow light is unplug the TV. I can't get the TV to come on.
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
HelloWhile that light blinks at the front does it have a pattern like 3 blinks/pause/3 blinks and so on ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes. It blinks 3 quick and then a slight pause.
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
O.k then I asked specifically about the 3 blinks because this is a common problem for this model .I`m afraid you have a defective power supply board part # ***** have a few links where you can buy that board for $80 if you are interested .Let me know and i will help you along if you wish to look into repairing this yourself ,otherwise i will give you the details and costs you could expect.
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
Here are those links in any case ; http://www.tvpartsinstock.com/toshiba-52hl167-power-supply-75007520And this one ; http://www.tvpartspro.com/products/toshiba-power-supply-unit-75007520-pe0365b-for-52hl167-52lx177
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
This is Plug&Play , no solder or adjustments so if you or a friend is handy with a screwdriver and can take off the back cover then you can do this yourselfIf that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 to $300 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;www.tvrepairpros.comThis will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around.but if i may be frank , considering the age of the tv at 9 years old and the fact that you can get a new 50" tv with all the bells and whistles for around or less than $500 ,I would think twice before investing that kind of money into this one. Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help . Thank you
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
Any questions on this ?
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
If you don`t have any more questions for now then please do take the time to rate my answer by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit , this is how I make a living and that rating gets me paid for my time.Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.Thanks for understanding .