Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

Wireless strength other devices is 5 bars but

Customer Question

Wireless strength for all other devices is 5 bars but for LG TV is less than 2 and will not stream over Internet. How do I fix this?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Hello, What is the model number off the back of the LG TV? Also how far away from your router is it? Additionally what is the Brand and Model of your router and HOW MANY other devices are currently connected to it? All of these details are relevant to solving this problem.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Link wireless router
About 6 devices connected
Wireless is 3 feet from TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Thank you. "Link wireless router" is not a model number, and offhand MOST $40-$60 routers are not going to be able to reliably support 6 devices and a TV without dropping signal to the TV. Was the TV working previously with the router- or is this the first time setting it up?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Router has 2 addresses. Would it help to switch to the other address?
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
You never mentioned anything about whether the TV was connected prior??
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Let me know it changes how we're going to need to proceed. First time setting the TV up wirelessly to this router yes or no?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it streams Netflix and others just fine.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
No idea what you're saying here. I need specifics in order to solve this... So the TV WAS WORKING off of this router, and suddenly it only has two bars Yes?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Only difference is that are trying to live stream.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
I'm sorry, I cannot make heads or tails out of what exactly is occurring here. I will need to opt out. Someone else should be along shortly.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Do you still need help with this?If so, can you please confirm if the router is next to the tv?
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Do you need more help with this?If so, simply reply back on this page.Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.Nathan