Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

We had an electrical storm yesterday and now my TH-42pz2700u

Customer Question

We had an electrical storm yesterday and now my TH-42pz2700u has a black screen. The power light comes on but no picture at all.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.
Unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The Tv has an internal failure and the back panel needs to come off, checks need to be performed with a meter, then parts ordered and installed. If that is something you want to attempt then reply back here and I can assist you further (substantial electronic experience needed).If you are unable or unwilling to perform any of these procedures then a repair shop should be consulted. A shop charges $125 to come diagnose the problem and hand you an estimate. Then another $175 in parts and labor. So the total can be $300 (or more).I'm sorry for the bad news. Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other customers. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here and selecting the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue (nor does it issue you a refund).Thank you,Mike