Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My slyvania hd tv wont come on, when I push the power button

Customer Question

my slyvania hd tv wont come on, when I push the power button it blinks green as if its about to turn on then it goes back to standby
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: that's it. its not the power source, because other electronics work fine in the same outlet. I just get a black screen then it goes back off
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Sorry you're having problems. What is the model number off of the back of the TV? Also how long have you owned it for and when did the issue occur- were there any storms, power outages, etc.?
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Let me know when you're able to see my reply.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
We often see these sets develop faults after a few years, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Power Supply Board being the most common). However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up. The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.