Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I just purchased a sharp tv LC-50LB370U I connected the tv

Customer Question

I just purchased a sharp tv LC-50LB370U I connected the tv to a Rogers hi def box but although I have picture there is no sound.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.
Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Is it first time connecting cable box to TV?- Is there any soundbar/ sound system hooked to TV?Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
First time connecting and no sound bar
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There is sound on one or two channels but that is all
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for the info.It seems cable box isn't sending out sound signals to TV for some internal issue and should be rebooted that will help to resolve the issue.- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.
Hi Raymond, any luck with cable box reboot?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no problem still persists
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
still having the same sound problem
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.
Sorry to hear that, is the cable box hooked into HDMI input of TV and do you use cable remote to change channels?
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.
Hi there, I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!Please reply back here if there is additional questions.Thank you.