Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a vizio 65in it won't turn on. Repair gut said it was

Customer Question

I have a vizio 65in it won't turn on. Repair gut said it was the Main Board. Bought a kit replaced everything. now the power indicator light comes on & the tv has a little glow like it's on but nothing else. No logo no sound, no picture. What could be the problem
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: No nothing else.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Hi, Model Number off the back of the TV please?
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Also what were the exact symptoms you had before repairing the Mainboard?
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Let me know if you need assistance with your question.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Model# *****The TV was working that morning came back home a few hours later it would not turn on. The power indicator light would not work. So when we changed the mainboard still nothing would come on, so we changed everything. In total we changed 4 boards, power indicator, and wires. Now power indicator on but nothing else.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Oh wow, okay. You said Mainboard, then bought a kit and replaced everything- I thought- meaning on the Mainboard. So you replaced every single board on the TV. Way different than what I thought. That said I'm going to need to opt out at this point. Someone else should be along shortly.