Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I press tv on button on remote,do not hear the click or have

Customer Question

I press tv on button on remote,do not hear the click or have the light come on ,on the front panel.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: it is connected to a direct tv system.and it is configured to their multiple function remote.when I pressed tv on nothing click,little blue light,nothing.ichecked the batteries and tried it again(several times actually) nothing happened
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: it is a second tv for us and it is not used every day but is used for sporting events,movies,music stations, is also located in basement family room(which should not be an issue
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,Does the TV turn on if you press the power button on the TV?