Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

My Vivitek projector won't stay on to use with my computer.

Customer Question

my Vivitek projector won't stay on to use with my computer. The switch flashes "ON" and the Vivitek logo shows on the screen for about 3 seconds, then goes off again. This is just purchased less than 6 months ago from Best Buy. I need to make a presentation tomorrow and it just isn't working.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Hello, What is the model number of the Vivitek? Also what cabling/connections are you using from your MacAir to the projector? If you grab the original projector remote, and press MENU will the projector's native MENU display? Please elaborate with these details and we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The connections are the correct ones that I purchased from the Apple store, and have used before. It has only been used one time. I have tried with the Remote, and the results are the same. Nothing happens, The Vivitek logo comes on the screen for about 3 seconds, then clicks off.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Okay I wasn't asking whether the connections were the correct ones, etc. I was asking because long cable runs and in general HDMI connections on projectors can be finicky. Anyhow if you're sure it's not that, and you're actually saying the projector is clicking itself OFF- and no MENU items will display then you have a hardware failure in the projector. To proceed with any more detailed info, I would at least need to know what model Vivitek we're dealing with here.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
You're saying the projector physically shuts down/clicks off- not just that the logo goes of the screen correct?
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.