Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Cloudy area on top of picture. JA: Sometimes things that

Customer Question

cloudy area on top of picture.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: ok
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no I changed the lamp
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the top six inches of the Mitsubishi 65" dlp is little darker than the rest which is fine is it the ic chip.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 6 months ago.
HelloWelcome Can you please get me the model number found on the back of the set? thank you Anthony
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
wd 65837
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
model number mitubishi wd 65837
OK if you try another input like a DVD player for example is it the same using that? Anthony
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
yes
Its a bad DLP chip in all probability, it is possible the mirrors could be contaminated with dust that is a possibility however in most cases its the DLP chip itself the picture is projected off this chip onto the mirrors and fresnel screen , to replace the chip yourself would cost $200 if you want to do that let me know, a tech would charge around $500, I am sorry I do not have better news for you here, please let me know if you need additional info Please consider rating the answer positively there will be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive paymentt from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please reply back and I will address any of your concerns, note the question NEVER closes, its open for further advice if necessaryManyThanksAnthony
Do you still need help with this please? Anthony