Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My tv is about four years old. It won't turn on, why?

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.
Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?2- Does power indicator light on TV front turn On or blink?Thanks.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No model number can be given right now. No lights
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Any response?
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.
Working on it, hold your replies please for 5 minutes.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No lights blinking
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm at work. I bought the tv for us. It's on the wall.
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.
OK, there are few possible causes for no power in TV, either power board isn't getting AC power from wall outlet OR not producing output volts due to internal failure OR main board of TV has got internal failure.Lets try an easy thing first, unplug TV power cord from wall outlet, plug any other device in that wall outlet to make sure it is working, now replug TV power cord back in, make sure power cord also plugged in TV securely and check if power light turn On or blink?If problem still persist then we are sure TV has got internal fault and need to take off back cover to troubleshoot further, please get me the model number off of TV to assist you further.Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.
Hi there, I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!Please reply back here if there is additional questions.Thank you.