Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

My lg lcd 2008 tv gets power but it takes the screen hours

Customer Question

My lg lcd 2008 tv gets power but it takes the screen hours or days to light up
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Nothing more to tell from my end
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.
Hi , I`m JackPerhaps I can help you with this problem.From your description along with the age of the tv and what I know about lg TV's , this certainly looks like your tv is suffering from weak/vented capacitors on the power board and sorry to say but if you are not into repairing this yourself then you could be looking at upwards of $250 in repairs which I would say would be better invested in a new model.Let me know the TV's model number and i will help you along if you wish to look into repairing this yourself .If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;www.tvrepairpros.comThis will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around.Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help . Thank you